Provide leadership to the Quality team, through direction and team development. Ensure all Statutory and internal quality procedures and policies are adhered to. Directing the team to complete all daily actions and tasks in full and on time driving towards true quality excellence. Key member of the senior management team participating in strategic direction of the multi-site company driving the business towards world class.
- To lead the pharmaceutical quality function to ensure staff are committed and working towards the success of the business.
- Define and implement a pharmaceutical quality strategy for licensed and non-licensed products.
- Plans, prioritises and monitors activities and resources of the team based on business needs.
- Manage the pharmaceutical quality function within budget to ensure business financial targets are delivered.
- Ensure that both the company quality systems and facilities meet GMP and GDP, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Provide a cost-effective release service that delivers required levels of customer service.
- Maintain good working relationships with regulatory authorities and trade associations to protect the company’s interest and influence laws, regulations and standards.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with current legislation and anticipate and plan for future legislative requirements.
- Ensure safety issues and customer complaints are effectively dealt with liaising with commercial key account managers for customer feedback and commercial implications.
- To measure and report department performance against key business performance indicators.
- To lead the Central Pharma teams during all audits, liaising with customers on all technical and statutory matters
- To represent Central Pharma at customer meetings
- To devise and recommend methods and procedures for continuous improvement of product quality, hygiene and / or manufacturing processes.
- To manage the training process to ensure all employees engaged in the manufacturing, warehousing and distribution activities understand and maintain quality standards.
- The following list is indicative and should not be considered exhaustive.
- Lead and ensure the business operates within Group Quality and Regulatory Policies
The above is not a complete and exhaustive list and other duties may be required to be undertaken as and when necessary.
Skills & Competencies:
- Scientific degree (ideally pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or related)
- Preferable QP certified but experience considered
- MHRA & HPRA working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional handling of all customer enquiries for quality and regulatory services.
- Strong organisational skills for the control of self and team workload
- Strong in project completion
- Flexible in supporting business needs
- Uses initiative to drive improvements
The position reports directly into the Board of Directors and has direct line management of the Quality Assurance team including all trainees. The Quality Director has a direct working relationship with the management of Production, Customer Services and Warehouse, these relationships are critical to the success of the business.
What Central Pharma can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Progression
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Refer a Friend recruitment scheme
- Free refreshments on site
- Free parking on site.
Job Type: Full-time
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Drop us a message to discover our full range of services tailored to your business and find out how Central Pharma can be your intelligent pharmaceutical partner.